Saturday, March 10, 2012

Porcelain in a Paper Cup World

Note***That title has absolutely nothing to do with this post. But it's my favorite quote from the song below. Whatch the video. It's epic.***




My first week of work went quite well. In fact - it went unexpectedly well. The company I'm working for is sooooo much better than the last one! They care about their employees and their clients. It's quite refreshing after what I had to put up with over the past 4 years. There's potential for growth and far more room for personal creativity. There's also no helicopter boss. That's the best part. I'm free to do my job and I do it well. 

The 2nd best part is that we don't accept Medicaid. These people are responsible for paying for their own drug addiction treatment. This means that most of them are there because they actually WANT to get sober. Not because they've been court ordered to get sober or because the heroin supply is running dry. We have a few exceptions - but for the most part the clientele is far better. After 4 years of entitled Medicaid patients, I am overjoyed to be working with a different population. 

Now don't get me wrong - I don't have a problem with people who are on Medicaid... temporarily. But I DO think that it would only be fair for the government to drug test them before they are approved for it. And randomly tested from there on out. I have to be drug tested before I can get a job to pay my taxes to pay for their Medicaid. Fair is fair. What's that you say? They are protected by the Americans with Disability Act? I have a disability too. I'm fucking crazy. But I still get up and go to work every day. 

Now that I've gotten that out of my system... How about some music?

 Photobucket 




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment