Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday, GF Bakery & Music For The Morning!

Good Monday Morning Lovies!

{via}
How was your weekend? I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day weekend with the fam. I took Pops out to a Greek restaurant for his Father's Day dinner - he's a big fan of gyros.

I had a rather adventurous weekend - I traveled over to Scottsdale to check out the Gluten Free Creations Bakery and it was fabulous! I picked up a few gluten free goodies while I was there!


I have to admit - those were the best gosh darn donuts I've EVER HAD! Of any variety. Even the Apple Fritters and Bear Claws can't beat them! (and we all remember how much I love Apple Fritters and Bear Claws, don't we?) 

It was a great experience - we had lunch in their cafe, awesome gluten free Philly cheesesteaks and kettle chips. Delicious! Pops even enjoyed it. Sorry, I wasn't able to get any pics of the cheesesteaks - my phone died after traipsing around Whole Foods for 2 hours (not kidding...). It takes a great amount of time and effort to read through all of the labels and ensure that there's no hidden gluten in all those foods. 

Speaking of gluten - I went to my doctor last week and told her about what I've been experiencing. Confirmation: yep. I'm gluten intolerant. I waited for her to give me some magical diet that would help me avoid all gluten, but she just smiled and wished me luck. "It's very hard, you have to read the labels closely." Thank you, Dr. Obvious! 

But the good news is that Dr. Obvious says I've lost 20 pounds since the last time I was in to see her. Which was about 6 months ago. 20 pounds in six months isn't really monumental - but she was happy with it and therefore, so am I! At one point I was down 30 pounds, but had to tweak things a bit and gained some of it back. I'm a work in progress. 

If you're interested in the gory details of my weight loss journey, you can follow my new(ish) blog about it here. I like to keep the weight loss stuff to a minimum here. 

So - that's about all the excitement I have to report at the moment - enjoy your week Lovies!!!

Here's a fun little catchy tune to get your Monday started...

Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Gluten Free donuts?!? What will they think of next?! :) Hope you are having a great Monday, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh..mondays is usually a s*it say for me but since Im working shifts now for the next four weeks everyday is the same in my world..Have a gret week Missy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the weight loss! And finding gluten free donuts, they look yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donuts sound good and healthy too! Loved the song!

    Popped in from Monday Music!!
    Lucy
    Lucy's Reality
    http://lucysreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa I've soooooooo got to lose weight. Started last week, but I haven't been on a scale. Need to do that. Thanks for playin along this week. Cool song pick. Hope to see you next week too. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed the weekend. And I love that Monday cartoon

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Glad you had a good Father's Day (well, glad your dad did anyway) and so happy to hear about the Gluten-Free Bakery...yum!

    And CONGRATS on the super exciting weight loss...I think that's a huge deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Monday Pic! lol

    Congrats on the weight loss and Love your song choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! That doughnut looks delish! Congrats on your weight loss girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete