Wednesday, April 27, 2011

{semi} wordless wednesday


Photobucket


I'm obsessed with plans of redecorating my bedroom. Right now I'm really loving the idea of a black bedroom - black walls, with some white contrasts and red as well. I'm doing a Marilyn Monroe theme - are you surprised? :) So far, I don't have much done except my picture and wall cling (is that what you call those things...???) which I will likely have to remove anyway to repaint the walls black! But I love the picture... and I will perhaps put the quote up on the wall in white instead of black - once the walls are painted. 

Here's what I have now...





I want to get a platform bed and paint the walls like this:

{cred}
I love the chandelier over the bed concept - but I'd prefer to have a bed like this, in black:

{cred}

So what do you think of black bedroom walls? Too much? 


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Yowza!! That's a very dramatic and bold bedroom (in black) but I LOVE it! Wow.

    New follower from The Middle Matters hop!

    Kristin :)
    Keenly Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh I love this!! It would be beautiful and classic! Definitely luxurious! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I LOVE your bedset, I have zebra in my room too (my boyfriend loves it - NOT).

    I love black and white rooms with a splash of color - mine's maroon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the black and white room. I used the same colors for my room, but I rent so i can't paint :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog!
    I'm a new follower from The Middle Matters blog hop.
    Come check me out when you get the chance:
    Carolina Summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Can't wait to see it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! LOVES!!!

    Hey, I'm trying to get my new master bathroom done...would black walls be too much in such a small space?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think black walls would look gorgeous. Especially with that bed and that quote and the picture. Go for it, girl! It'll make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up AND back today!

    I am in awe of that b/w bedroom.....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete