Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Singles Awareness Day!

Because you're single - and Valentine's Day makes you painfully aware of this...


Photobucket


Link your Valentine's Day posts! 
I've only had a "Valentine" for 2 of the 32 Valentine's Days for which I have been on this earth and both of them sucked royally. So I think it's safe to say that I am a pro when it comes to being single on Valentine's Day. How do I celebrate it? I don't... But this year, I'm going to. I'm going to celebrate it by being mindful of the things I love and the people in my life who make me happy. From the simple to the profound - and everything in between.

So here is a list of the things in my life that I love and appreciate - in no particular order...
  • The beach. Florida beaches to be exact. White sand and blue water stretching for miles. The memories from my childhood when my family went to the beach all together and rented a house for a week. My teenage years after my grandparents passed away and we continued that tradition with friends. Sorry California beaches - ya'll ain't got nothin' on THIS:

  • Thunder storms.

  • Laughter through tears.

  • Clean sheets.

  • The beauty of purebred Arabian horses. My FIRST love. These majestic creatures taught me numerous important life lessons. The two most important being: 1) Don't look down. If you look down, you'll go down. Keep your head and eyes up. 2) If you fall off your horse, no matter how hard it is or how scared you are, you HAVE to get right back up in the saddle. If you don't, you won't ever ride again. My trainers throughout my horse career taught me the value of hard work and never let me forget that sometimes you have to shovel a whoooooole lot of shit in order to get where you want to go. And even when you get there, you may still have to shovel shit. That's just how life goes.


  • Sleeping.This is probably the main advantage I have over all you not single people. SLEEP! No one interrupts mine (except the dogs - when they are hungry or thirsty... or bored). I can go to sleep whenever I want. I can sleep all day if I want! I have no children to care for, no man waking me up wanting to - you know - "be intimate" - and now no job dictating when and for how long I sleep (at least for now - so I better enjoy it while I can...) So this Valentine's Day I'm having a love affair with sleep. I'm going to do it all I want today - whenever I want! I may take two or three naps even...  
  • My dogs. 

  • My family.
Circa 1982-ish

Sea World San Diego 2009 
2009
2010
2011

  • My Friends.





  • My hockey team.




I would LOVE to hear about some of the things you love and appreciate in your life! 

*click on the pictures for photo creds. If there is no link - they are mine.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment