Sunday, March 27, 2011

30 Days of Truth Blog... Thingee. Day 01: Something you hate about yourself.

{cred}

By now it's no secret that my weight is not my greatest feature...  But I won't say I hate that - or anything about myself really. There's no sense in hating your physical attributes. 

There's no sense in hating your nose, your eyes, your feet or the color of your skin. There's not much you can do about it - unless you want to spend all of your money on expensive surgeries. It's a senseless waste of energy and life is too short.

I have a gap in my front teeth. I hated it as a child. I went to my dentist and he wouldn't put braces on me to "fix a little gap". He said there was nothing wrong with my teeth - they were perfect. I just had that little gap. No braces for you! 

So I went home with the thought in my little brain that I was just going to be ugly and have an ugly gap in my front teeth for the rest of my life. 

I struggled with that for the better part of my teenage and young adult years. Couple that with the weight I've constantly struggled with carrying around, my constant need to please everyone (I've since gotten over that one...) and what do we have? 

A recipe for social disaster. 

It wasn't until later on in life that I realized my fat and my gap weren't going to be my demise. Know who else has a gap? 

Madonna. 


And Georgia Jagger. 

{photo creds}
I could be in worse company.

So I'll keep my gap. And if I can't get rid of all the weight - I'll keep that too. As long as I am at a point where I'm comfortable in my own skin. 

That's my goal. 



In case I ever forget though - I have this Marilyn Monroe quote on my bedroom wall to remind me to always....





And just for kicks... 

(don't worry - it's not the official video again)



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Well, that's a great combination, and all blends together, like it! You totally rock! That last video I've never seen. It's hilarious! Thanks for playing along with us! Hope to see you next week too! Rock lives! Following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eminem is awesome and that is a great song. I enjoyed all your choices - it is hard not to like Lady Gaga - that video cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.. before I even scrolled down, I thought of Madonna. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Xmas Dolly thanks! I'll be there!

    @Cakeblast I had a stomach ache from laughing after watching that GaGa video - hilarious!

    @Lady Estrogen you know... it wasn't until my early adult years that someone pointed that out to me - and I was like why did no one ever point this out to me before...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't forget Lauren Hutton and Natalie Cole for other celebrities with gaps :)

    I have a gap between my two front teeth as well and I'm still trying to decide if I wanna do anything about it.

    In the meantime, I'm just glad to see there's another Marilyn fan out here...

    ReplyDelete