Sunday, February 12, 2012

Music For The Morning: RIP Whitney

It pains me to write these words: Whitney Houston has passed away


I know this is not breaking news for any of you - but I'm still processing this. It's devastating to me - as I'm sure it is to so many of you as well. 

Whitney had a strong influence upon my early years. The Bodyguard was one of my favorite movies and I love the soundtrack of the movie even more. 

Music has always been my "escape". That's why music is such a huge part of this blog. 

So as you all are watching the Grammy's and enjoying that show - I am going to dedicate this post to a woman who helped shape my formative years. A woman whose voice took me to a place of peace and happiness. And I hope that she now is in peace. Free from the troubles that plagued her for years. Free from drug addiction. Free from troubles and cares. 

I don't feel much like watching the festivities happening in LA right now. It feels wrong. I am DVR'ing them and will hopefully feel more like watching them later. The only Grammy performance I want to watch right now is this one:

 

If I should stay, I would only be in your way. 

 So I'll go, but I know I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way. 

 And I will always love you. 
 I will always love you. 
You, my darling you. 

 Bittersweet memories that is all I'm taking with me. 
 So, goodbye. 
Please, don't cry. 

 We both know I'm not what you, you need. 

 And I will always love you. 
 I will always love you. 

I hope life treats you kind 
 And I hope you have all you've dreamed of. 
 And I wish to you, joy and happiness. 
 But above all this, I wish you love.

 And I will always love you. 

 I will always love you. 

 I will always love you. 

 I will always love you. 

 I will always love you. 

 I, I will always love you. 

 You, darling, I love you. 

 Whitney, we'll always, we'll always love you.

And I'll leave you with some more of my favorite Whitney Houston songs. The songs that helped shape my world. The songs that helped shape who I am. 

Whitney - you've paid the ultimate price for what you've given to this world and I for one, will be eternally grateful. 

May you now find peace...


Photobucket


 

 

 

 

 

 

*click on the photos for their sources
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment