Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wine Induced Blogging - That's Always a Good Idea, Right?

Hellooooo Lovelies!

(I'm not that drunk, it just made for a good title.)

I haven't written a post of substance as of late so I thought perhaps I should sit down with this blog for a while. I've been spending mucho time over here - as that's where my energies have been concentrated.

Here's an update on how life has been going for me lately:

My hockey team was eliminated from the playoffs Wednesday night. Thanks for the well wishes. They just couldn't find it within them to pull out a win. 

Not. A. Single. Solitary. One. (in the playoffs)



I don't know if it's just that those are my boys, my team... Or if it's that we don't know if they'll be back or not next season. But they look like the most heart broken group of guys I've ever seen. And it's breaks my heart even more than the loss. We've all been through a lot the past 2 years and for all of our sakes, I hope it comes to a resolution this summer. For better or for worse, I want it resolved. I don't want the team or the fans having to endure another season of uncertainty.

Images From Life.com
JUST LOOK AT THEM! Isn't that terrible?!? UGH! 

But that's enough about that...

I've not been feeling too spectacular this week. Not just because of our crappy playoff run. I'm tired of having to be to work at 4:00am. But I am also not having any luck finding a new job. I'm exhausted and I don't know how much longer I can deal with 4:00am start times. And 6 days a week once a month - twice this month. It used to be a lot worse - I used to have to work 6 days a week every week. I think I still have not recovered from that. I'm not a work-a-holic. In fact, I'd be a work-not-at-all'er if I could pull it off. I have so many other things I could be doing all day... I work with heroin addicts and I am fairly certain that it is the most thankless job on the planet. Luckily I have a boss who is exceptionally appreciative - but I only see her once a week. I see my clients daily. 

For those who have never worked in the social services, substance abuse, etc industries before, it is exceptionally draining. I haven't had a raise in the 3 years that I've worked there and I can't even afford the health insurance that they offer on my salary. 

How's that for giving back to those who actually care about other people for a living? 

I'm struggling right now to find my balance. I seem to have completely lost where I want to go in life and if I am even on the path that will get me there. 


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh, buddy. This breaks my heart. Not just about your guys...but about you. I know how it feels to be at a job you struggle getting up to go to. It can be enormously depressing. Something else will come along soon though. I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete