Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Cooking With Coconuts Blogisode 6




It's Tasty Tuesday again over at FTLOB and in continuing on with my sweet tooth fixation - I found this recipe on the Tropical Traditions website that I'm going to give a try on my cheat day this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out. Here's the recipe:

{cred}
Servings: 1 dozen
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes

In small to medium saucepan, add butter and coconut oil. Turn on medium-low heat and as the fats melt, stir in cocoa powder until mixed. Add in honey and sugar and continue to mix until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth and thickens with a shiny appearance. (Be careful to not overheat or scorch the cocoa.)

Remove pan from heat and add salt, vanilla and mix. Then add the shredded coconut and mix until all coconut is covered (the mix will become thick, similar to stiff cookie dough, as the coconut absorbs the moisture).

Use a melon scoop or rounded measuring spoon to scoop out mounds and place on parchment paper. Let them sit to cool and set up. Can be placed in refrigerator to firm up more quickly.

I'll let you know how they turn out!!!


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. My fiance would love these! I'll have to give them a go! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to give these a try... gotta write this one down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the devil. Why did you show me these...before dinner!?! Haha, now that is all I want ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried a recipe similar to this and it is really good. I might just have to whip up some kitchen magic with these. Like your site and I'll be following it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound fab! I didn't get to try the last ones you made. Stupid migraines. :\

    ReplyDelete
  6. !!Cocoa and coconut!! Two of my most fav ingredients ever :P

    Will DEFINITELY have to try these 'cause they look heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete