Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Cooking With Coconuts Blogisode 4




I've got two recipes for you today.... Both sweet. I'm getting the sweets out my system before the diet starts. 

Mmmmmm Candy!

Vanilla Coconut Cream Candy

Vanilla Coconut Cream Candy
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 30 pieces about 1/2 inch thick
Slightly warm the coconut cream concentrate over a bowl or pan of hot water until it can be stirred.

Stir in the honey, vanilla and chopped nuts into the coconut cream concentrate until well mixed.

Before it hardens, shape mixture into rolls and wrap in waxed paper. Let harden in the refrigerator and slice into rounds to eat as candy once firm. Store in refrigerator or at room temperature if below 75 degrees.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Coconut Cream Cookies
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Beat the coconut cream, sugar eggs and vanilla together until combined. Stir in baking soda, cream of tarter and salt. Beat in the flour.

Shape dough into balls using one tablespoon of dough per cookie.

Place on ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes. The sides should be set but not browned.

Remove from oven and let set on pan for 1-2 minutes before putting on racks to cool completely.

Makes 40 cookies.

7 comments:

  1. woah that coconut candy looks amazing. Seems pretty easy to make too! I might be making these this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! I bet those cookies melt in ur mouth * delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look delicious! I need to bookmark this!

    Stopping by from FTLOB

    Frugally Green Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. That candy looks so good, and its an easy one to make. I love coconut so this is a great blog find for me!! Thanks for posting these, I can't wait to try them. I am now a new follower on the Tuesday blog hop. :) Hope you are having a good week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The candy looks amazing and easy to make! I love coconut so this was a blog day jackpot for me! I am now a new follower on the Tuesday hop and looking forward to more fun stuff. :) Hope you are having a good week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am joining in “The Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop” and I am following you now! Coconuts are usually not my favorite ~ but the pictures make everything look so good that I may have to try! If you are able, I would love a follow back. Thank you!
    ~KerrieLynn ღೋ☙❤
    KLsCupboard.blogspot
    KLs Cupboard on Facebook
    KLs Cupboard on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you're gonna give me some of that first one... right?

    ReplyDelete