Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Incredibly Sweet Blog Award!!!


Many, many thanks to Not Cake for this sweet blog award! I feel so honored! Especially coming from such an awesome blogger - it means a lot to me!


So now I'm supposed to share with you 5 random facts about me and then introduce you to 5 awesome bloggers. 

So here we go! 

*My initials are HAM. HA! I've never been able to get anything engraved with my initials...

*I work as a counselor and am currently working with heroin addicts. After listening to my clients' experiences, I firmly believe that heroin addicts have more "near death" experiences than anyone on the planet. (Overdoses - obviously) One of my clients told me that she "died" and while she was "dead" there were black hands coming out of the ground trying to grab her. I told her now was a good time to change her ways - she was headed straight for hell - obviously! Not necessarily my greatest moment as a counselor...

*On my new diet, I eat a breakfast of egg whites, spinach and black beans with (cilantro free) salsa every morning. It smells so horrible while its cooking in the micro at work that all my co-workers complain for at least an hour afterwards. They groan when they see me heading to the break room to cook it. It's quite hysterical.

*Have I mentioned how much I hate cilantro? My father recently ordered a large plate of nachos for an appetizer while we were out enjoying a nice dinner at one of our local restaurants. They arrived covered in the Devil Weed. I made him send them back. I could smell the nasty stuff & it made me gag! 

*I quit high school to become a horse trainer - I moved to south Florida at the age of 16 to pursue this career. I decided it wasn't the career for me at the age of 18 and went back home to Georgia. Why? Because I was averaging 3 hours of sleep per night. I cannot pursue a career that messes with my sleep. I like it too much!

Now to pass on the bloggy award love... Please take a moment to check out some of my favorite fabulous, sweet bloggers:


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Thank You for the award!!! So sweet of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Thanks for the award :) Like you, I feel very honored to have it coming from such an awesome blogger...like you!

    Ha! Loving the HAM initials. My mom's initials are BAT...but I never make fun and say anything like "old BAT," that would be mean... <_<

    I admire so much what you do as a counselor. You're making a difference in people's lives...that's amazing and not easy to do! Especially with heroin addicts.

    I can't believe you used to be a horse trainer! I used to have horses...I worked at horse camps as a camp counselor, at stables as assistant barn managers, as a stable girl. LOTS of horsey jobs. Unfortunately, we had to sell my horses after college, but they'll always hold a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant imagine how that breakfast mashup smells like hopefully it taste better. thank you for the award my dear.

    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, congrats girl! You deserve it!! hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete