Friday, March 11, 2011

5 Question Friday




1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is?

Yup. I'm a brunette. 
I'm a hair changing whore though - so don't be surprised if you see me as a blonde or red head. Or pink head... whatever.

2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants?

It varies - this year I have a vacay to Hawaii planned - that's it so far. I also typically develop a "hockey off season" book reading list. This consists of hockey books I haven't read that help stave off the hockey pangs until the season returns. With school this list has been put on hold - I have an entire shelf in my book case full of unread hockey books that I will get to eventually. 

Brodeur Beyond The Crease I will get to you one day - may be after you retire, but eventually!

I'm also going to be in school this summer and working full time - as usual. So there won't be much flying by the seat of my pants going on. It'll be work, school, eat, sleep, repeat. 

3. What is your favorite meal to cook?

Well.... I don't like to cook anything. Putting an entire meal together is exhausting to me these days. Who has time for THAT?!? I'd rather just eat one thing at a time. I do enjoy cooking sweets though - sometimes. I'm exceptionally unpredictable when it comes to cooking and being all domesticated and what-not. Thank goodness I have no children, I may just feed them spoonfuls of peanut butter for their meals (which is what I had for lunch today). Kidding... I used to be a nanny - I can be domestic when I want to me. It's amazed me however that since I changed careers how undomesticated I have become. I used to be a chicken and dumplings, fried chicken, biscuits and casseroles makin' FOOL! 

Now if you'll excuse me for a moment, it's time for dinner. Gotta go find the peanut butter... 

4. Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous?

Well I imagine that if I had high expectations for the human race in general, the answer to that question would be "yes". However, it has been my experience that most everyday thank yous are just rehearsed, expected responses that come out of people's mouths with little thought behind them or sincerity to them. I'd rather you not thank me at all instead of thanking me and not meaning it. In fact, I'd prefer you show me you're thankful by being there when it's my turn to be down or in need of help. We all get to that point from time to time. 

5. How did you meet your best friend?

Which one??? I have some awesome besties - we'll go oldest to newest, how about that???

Stephanie: Steph was my first BFF. We met in the 6th grade and bonded over a discussion about underwear as we were walking our fat asses around the football field watching the rest of the class run. The rest is history... :)

Jana: Jana and I grew up together and became friends through church. We got closer as we became teenagers and spent our first few years as young adults having a blast doing what we do! 

Diane, Paul, Alexis, Damian & Gabe: I actually met Diane and Paul through Stephanie initially, they worked together. I went to their house and met their 7 month old daughter - who jumped on my lap and stayed there for the next 5 or so years (well not really on my lap for the next 5 years, but you get my point...) Diane had 2 more children after I met her.  I ran my own daycare at home. I took care of her children while she worked and spent my off time with her and her family. I was her labor coach when her 2nd child was born. Unfortunately, the last one wasn't born until after I moved to Arizona - which broke my heart! We were inseparable. Diane, Paul, Alexis, Damian and Gabe aren't just best friends - they are family. They are the only family I have left in Georgia and I miss them every single solitary day of my life!

Michelle & Jenna: Jenna & Michelle were my first hockey besties! They were the first two people I became really close with after I found the Coyotes. We were all Dan Carcillo fans you see.... We have had sooooooo many awesome times together  and I know we will have soooooooo many more! Nothing can top our first season together though. The Coyotes 2008/2009 season. Ahhhh memories... 

The infamous "Towel Interview"
{photo cred}

4 comments:

  1. Wait a damn minute... how did I not know my bestie is going to Hawaii, without me?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my natural color but recently it has become more gray than brown and at 28 years old that is a hard pill to swallow. I have to just get up the nerve to color it!

    I loved learning about you!

    I am a new follower from Eisy Morgan, I would love if you could stop by www.mooseandtater.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @heel_aholic it's a new development! Still haven't bought the tickets - but will soon!

    @Sarah: WELCOME! Glad you stopped by. I followed you back - nice site you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first question cracks me up. How would a person not know (forget) what their natural hair color is? Too funny.

    ReplyDelete