Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Welcome....

This is a personal blog - and it will feature a variety of things. I'll start by introducing myself. My name is Heather - I am 31 years old, a student of Psychology and a huge hockey fan (see my other blog for more info on that). I counsel heroin addicts for a living - in hopes of maybe someday making a difference in someone's life. I'm single, have no children and at the moment have no interest in changing either of those things. My opinion on that may change - so stay tuned... I love Marilyn Monroe and all things shiny and sparkly.I'm starting this blog as an outlet for sharing my thoughts, experiences, opinions and everything else that may pop into my brain from time to time.

I have entitled this blog "The Belle of the Desert" because I am a full-blooded, dyed in the wool Southerner from Leesburg, GA. My hometown has a population of approximately 2965 people. I didn't particularly want to move away from my Southern home - I moved to Arizona to help with some family matters. Once I got here however, my life started taking a new direction, I fell in love with a hockey team and decided to stay. That was in 2006 - I've been a season ticket holder since 2008. My family has since relocated to California - myself and my father are all that remain in the desert. My life has changed completely since I moved here - in many different ways. I'll share some of those things with you along the way. I believe things happen for a reason and it has certainly shown itself to be true in my life. Join me on my journey through this crazy thing we call life - maybe you'll learn something, maybe I will too...

No comments:

Post a Comment