Saturday, April 27, 2013

Bleeding Update

I have now been on birth control pills again for two months. The good news is that this past month there were days - almost 2 full weeks even - when I didn't have to wear a pad or tampon. I actually got to go swimming and lay out by my pool without worry for the first time in about a year. That felt amazing!

The first month on BC pills - I still bled throughout the month, though it wasn't as heavy. Then when the period week came I thought I was going to die. Seriously. Not even kidding. I lost 9 pounds in a weekend - which I'm assuming was due to the massive amounts of blood I was losing - because I was eating everything in sight to keep my energy up. And the cramps... oh the cramps! I thought I was in labor for 5 days straight. Granted - I've never been in labor before so I don't know the exact pain comparison, but I'm thinking I have a pretty good idea now. If it feels like someone is ripping your insides out of your body through your lady parts - then I got it. The pain shot down into my legs, it rendered me incapable of movement. I just laid in bed crying and trying to focus on breathing in an attempt to get some sort of control over it. It didn't work...

That was at the end of last month - I'm coming off the end of period week, month two now and it was even worse. The 3 non-period weeks were far better - as I mentioned before. I was never 100% not-bleeding, but it was much, MUCH improved. I started to feel some normalcy re-enter my world this month. I had energy to go places - and actually wanted to go places. Until the period week hit. It has been a complete nightmare. I was rendered incapable of working and had to take an extra day off due to the frequency of bathroom visits and intensity of pain levels. You simply can't do your job when you work at a hospital if you are having to visit the restroom once an hour - or more. You don't get to sit down and rest when a cramp hits. You just have to keep going.

I found myself at my primary care physician's office yesterday morning crying & begging him to let me start the new month of birth control pills 2 days early so that the madness would stop. He said yes. I started them yesterday and today I am starting to feel halfway normal again. I also asked him for a referral to a new OBGYN. I realize that this means I will have to start over again with the tests and such - but there simply must be something my current OBGYN is missing. How can there possibly be no cause for this? So it's time for another opinion, I think. 

2 comments:

  1. There are plenty of people that skip the period week except a few times a year.. I say go for it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are going through this. A second opinion from a different gynocologyst sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...